Whether you’ve been trying to get your hands on one of this season’s must-haves for yourself or a loved one, the best thing about Black Friday/Cyber Monday week is that you can grab your wishlist pieces for less.
And this is super helpful given the cost of everything in the UK right now, right?
That said, here are some of my favourite Black Friday fashion deals currently online from the 9 high street brands I shop with the most.
What’s the deal? Up to 80% off everything on the app
What are the best picks? Their brands, especially the sportswear*
- Perfect for running errands or snuggling up indoors during the weekend, these Adidas Three Stripe Black Leggings* are just as fashionable as they are comfortable. Sometimes I feel like I live in mine, but I’m okay with that when the fit is this flattering and I can just throw them on with a matching Adidas oversized hoodie*, New Balance 530 trainers* and a chunky puffer coat* to stay warm.
- Nike socks that you can wear under your Uggs or chunky trainers and pull up to show off have been doing the rounds on the influencer scene of late. You can also purchase these* from ASOS, add a snug beanie* and coordinate with the above pieces to ooze laid-back luxe.
What’s the deal? 40% off selected lines plus 20% off full price with the code “T4R4”
What are the best picks? Their swimwear*
- Boden offer a multitude of stylish swimwear staples, whether you’re going on a summer holiday next year or heading on a winter spa day in the UK. I’m a massive fan of this black colour-block Kefalonia swimsuit*, which I have repeatedly worn since I bought it a few years ago. Its gorgeous crisscross design hugs your curves in all the right places.
- Another swimsuit fave of mine from Boden is the Santorini*. Available in three different colourways, the halter neckline coupled with the flattering panelling is the perfect confidence booster when you’re away with friends or family — and is sure to attract compliments.
What’s the deal? 20% off for members via the app
What are the best picks? Their knitwear*
- You seriously can’t beat H&M for their cute knitwear. I’m lusting over their chunky jumpers this year, such as this white fluffy one*, this oversized polo* and this half-zip sweatshirt*. They’re so cosy and affordable!
- Their jumper dresses are stunning too, such as this maxi version* or this ribbed V-neck*. Team yours with knee-high boots and black opaque tights if it’s extra chilly or brave bare legs for a playful take on winter fashion.
- Add a tailored coat to keep you toasty in the cold months such as this single-breasted twill one* or this classic double-breasted alternative*.
What’s the deal? Up to 50% off selected lines
What are the best picks? Their outerwear*
- Aviator jackets are back in full force for AW23 and I’m powerless to this faux shearling classic black number*. It also comes in brown so you can assess which colour will best compliment your wardrobe before you make your investment.
- Teddy coats are still a firm favourite amongst style leaders and you can fall in line with this faux fur version*. I mean, who doesn’t love a neutral hero piece?
- Now for the outerwear staples: step forward, the classic trench coat*. This is timeless yet versatile and epitomises smart-casual chic at its finest.
- If you prefer a warmer fabric, opt for a tailored wool coat* that can sharpen up even the most laid-back look. Choose from two neutral hues that would complement any outfit colour palette.
What’s the deal? Up to 90% off selected lines
What are the best picks? Their shoes, jewellery, handbags and other accessories*
- Sometimes the clothing sizing and quality can be questionable at SHEIN but you don’t have to worry about that when it comes to shoes and accessories. I’m particularly impressed with the handbags that are just as good in quality as the other high street brands on this list but more affordable. You can even grab yourself a designer dupe, like this Prada-inspired nylon crossbody* or this Jimmy Choo-influenced hobo bag*.
- Another category that never fails me when it comes to SHEIN is their jewellery. There are some really pretty pieces for less, like layered necklaces and chunky earrings. Try this three-strand necklace*, these hoop earrings* or these decor earrings* to get the clean girl aesthetic.
6. Marks & Spencer
What’s the deal? 50% off selected brands
What are the best picks? Their trend-driven pieces*
- You just can’t beat M&S in terms of value for money. I always end up picking up a couple of bits from there every time a new season rolls around to refresh my wardrobe. I especially love their faux leather leggings* that come in six colours and can be dressed up with a blazer or down with a jumper depending on the occasion.
- Speaking of blazers, M&S tailoring is top-notch. Here’s a classic black wardrobe staple*, or you can mix things up with a statement sequin piece* for the party season.
What’s the deal? 20% off when you spend £40 or more using the code “SAVE20”
What are the best picks? Their workwear*
- Matalan is great for finding those sharp-looking yet affordable pieces that you can mix and match with items you already have in your wardrobe for professional purposes. From on-trend dresses and skirts to elegant blouses and trousers, they have an abundance of options that are ideal for uni, the office or Zoom meetings. I love this black and white A-line checked skirt* that you can team with a long-sleeve top or jumper, tights, boots and your fave winter coat.
- Likewise, this roll neck knitted dress* is cute with boots and a coat for the office if you want a dressier vibe.
- Then there are these Jolie relaxed skinny jeans* that are comfy yet stylish for more relaxed workplaces when paired with a basic top. Or, you can throw on this black glitter longline blouse* to up the ante.
What’s the deal? A festival of offers (varies every day)
What are the best picks? Their basics and Heattech collection*
- This Japanese retailer is renowned for its commitment to simplicity and function, which is why I love their smart basics that are ahead of time and will transcend seasons. Case in point: their thermal tops feature special Heattech technology that protects you against freezing temperatures during the coldest months. I like to layer this black turtleneck* or this white crew neck* under all of my wintry outfits, no matter what the occasion.
- I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love these Uniqlo jeggings*. I buy a pair in a different colour every time I visit a Uniqlo store (which isn’t very often given that the nearest one to me is Manchester). Even so, every pair I have in my wardrobe lasts me for years! Not only are they super comfy, but they look like jeans and can be worn with oversized jumpers and boots for a refined yet fresh take on winter style.
- Then there are the Heattech jeggings* which combine my two fave elements of Uniqlo — and they come in various washes of denim. Hurrah!
What’s the deal? 40% off selected items in store and online
What are the best picks? Their partywear
- ZARA have some high-quality pieces that will put a touch of pizzazz on your partywear for the Christmas season. For instance, this satin shirt would make an impact when teamed with a black blazer, faux leather leggings, heeled sandals and plenty of attitude.
- Similarly, nothing beats a shiny dress to amp up the glamour and celebrate in style. This foil mini dress with ruffles can be elevated even further with stiletto boots, a simple shoulder bag and a faux fur coat for a work event or social soirée.
- I can also see myself in these sequin flared leggings on Christmas Day with a thin jumper, fluffy slippers and a Christmas cracker hat. Bring it on.
Final Thoughts on Black Friday Fashion Deals
Black Friday and Cyber Week is a balancing act. If you’ve been wanting to purchase an item for ages for yourself or as a gift, it’s a good idea to make the most of the Black Friday fashion deals while you can. There are often discounts available that aren’t usually (and who can say no to a bargain!).
However, the pressure from an overflowing inbox to buy something you may not need is overwhelming. If the influx of retailer emails are overwhelming you, simply turn off your notifications or unsubscribe until it’s all over for another year.
Pin this article and share with friends:
Which Black Friday fashion deals are you most excited about?