It’s officially January, which means we’re about to experience freezing cold temperatures in the UK, post-Christmas health detoxes and nights in rather than nights out.
However, it also means we get to snuggle up in cute and cosy outfits.
Oh, and not to mention, all of our favourite shops are having sales!
What, you mean we get to nail winter fashion without breaking the bank? And all the pieces we were lusting after pre-Christmas are now as cheap as chips? (Where do we sign up?)
Whether you’re staying at home this winter or heading away to a cold holiday destination, here are our top style picks of the January sales 2020.
Firstly, Nasty Gal have some seriously dreamy knitwear on their website at the moment.
Make the most of their 50% off everything for the January sales 2020 (including already discounted items) by investing in a key piece that wows while keeping you warm.
1. For example, Nasty Gal’s hot pink Get Knit On V-Neck Pom Pom Jumper will brighten up even the dreariest winter morning. It was £55, now £18.
2. The Nasty Gal x Emma Lou edit features this gorgeous cream Funnel-y Enough Cable Knit Cropped Jumper. Team yours with a high-waisted check skirt or trousers and Doc Martens to give whole new meaning to the term “casual cool.” It was £45, now £16.
Next, In The Style has a winter clearance section that is almost too good to pass up with many pieces coming in at £10 and under.
3. This Lottie Tomilson “Highest in the Room” Orange Graphic Slogan Sweatshirt is ideal for throwing on over jeans or leggings with a beanie hat for effortless AW19 style. It was £18, now £10.
4. If you love the In The Style x Billie Faiers collaboration you’re in luck. One of her most sought-after knitted skirts is in the sale! This Cream Cable Knit Midi Skirt can be dressed up with a black top and heels or down with a slouchy jumper and trainers for just £10 instead of £31.
Full disclosure: ASOS also have some stylish yet wearable knitwear dresses that we’re crushing on hard.
The January sales 2020 aren’t just killing it with knitwear, the jackets and coats on offer are pretty great too.
Let’s start with Topshop.
6. This Panel Cropped Puffer is cute and colourful for the days that you just need to sling on a layer over a cropped jumper and high-waisted jeans. It was £59, now £15.
Then there’s Boohoo, who has up to 80% off everything online right now.
7. The Faux Fur Trim Badge Detail Parka in khaki or black is a Canada Goose dupe without the harming of coyotes. It was £50, now £17.
8. If you want to dress up your casualwear in a fashion heartbeat, consider this Shawl Collar Button Wool Look Coat in one of the season’s hottest hues: camel. It was £40, now £22 and guaranteed to turn heads.
In addition, ASOS have some amazing yet affordable coverups for all weathers.
9. This Brave Soul Rain Mac in khaki camo is ideal for throwing on if you’re about to run some errands in the rain. Its fun print on the back sure does bring the party. It was £35, now £15.
10. Want to resemble a real-life version of a teddy bear? Excellent news – the New Look Teddy Borg Coat in white has got your back in chilly temperatures (literally). It was £29.99, now £16.
Finally, it’s all well and good filling your wardrobe with cute and cosy clothes, but you can’t leave out your accessories collection.
After all, it’s often the accessories that can make or break an outfit. Right?
Look no further than Topshop for your playful yet practical winter accessory needs.
12. If you want your scarf to be even snugglier, use this Red Faux Fur Scarf to inject a bit of life into an outfit with a classic neutral colour palette. It was £28, now £10.
13. In terms of hats, this Striped Brushed Beanie will keep your head warm while helping you to look stylish. It was £12, now £3.
14. If understated isn’t the right buzzword for your personal style, try this opposing Lime Faux Fur Pom Pom Beanie. Wear it with an all-black ensemble to make it truly pop against a grey winter’s sky. It was £14, now £3.
15. Need to keep those fingers toasty? These Leopard Print Touchscreen PU Gloves have you all set for your journey to winter fashion success. They were £16, now £5.
January Sales 2020 Versus Sustainability
The January sales 2020 have tons of options for fashionistas who need to rejuvenate their autumn/winter wardrobe.
That said, try to be sustainable with your fashion choices.
The way to win the January sales is to invest in pretty yet functional pieces that you can wear for seasons to come.
Have you shopped the January sales 2020? Which of our picks are your favourites?